Thursday, December 31, 2009

God Save the Queen - or Not?

This time of year always makes me really homesick, so I'm currently on You Tube looking at songs performed at my favourite patriotic concert -  "The Last Night of The Proms".   Ahhem, Craig - I've been hinting for 10 years - please take me before I croak. 

Anyhoo - I do like the official "God Save the Queen" as our national anthem but if I had a choice I'd choose JERUSALEM.  Here's the videos - which song do you think would make a great UK national anthem? ...


RULE BRITANNIA!



GOD SAVE THE QUEEN



LAND OF HOPE AND GLORY 

JERUSALEM




I have to say that I love the USA anthem nearly as much as the UK anthem, but I don't know if there are variations of the USA anthem? All I know is that at every single sporting event when the anthem is played, and the flag gets flown, the hair on my arms go up. So here it is.

AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM


So it is fitting that "The Last Night of the Proms 2009" concluded with the traditional New Years Eve song of  Auld Lang Syne, sung by a British crowd and conducted by an American ...





HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE & VERY BEST WISHES! AND GO BUCKS!

No comments: