Monday, April 09, 2012

The Imagination of a 5-Year Old

I am taking Jack to the dentist this week for his 6 month check-up but I had it at the back of my mind.

While I was getting ready for work this morning he said "Do you think there will be a big treasure chest where I can pick a prize even though I'm old"? I said I had no idea what he was talking about. What treasure chest? Where? What prize? He said "The treasure chest and I got a fish game even though I'm old". After about 20 more questions I figured out that he meant the box of toys that he's allowed to pick from after his dentist visit, even though he's not a new client. I love that he called it a treasure chest, given that it's a Tupperware box.

Later, when his babysitter arrived I heard him telling her that the Easter bunny had come over to our house over the weekend and that Ben (our dog) had seen him and barked but that he had slept through it all. He totally believes what his dad told him, it's lovely!

No comments: