Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Denenenenenenenene BATMAN!

I would love to be able to see the new Batman film "The Dark Knight" this Friday. We saw a trailer months ago and Heath Ledger's Joker character scared me to death. More scary than the clown from "IT", Hannibal Lector and the child catcher from "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" all rolled into one.

Unfortunately, that's one thing you just can't do with a toddler - go to the pictures.

Of course I could get a babysitter and I do have a girl I work with, Emily, that I trust. But I always feel cheeky asking. I should get a nice local teenage girl who needs some extra money but I'm plagued by visions her hitting Jack or being mean to him. Even the thought of it makes me want to murder her and she's not even real. Ahhh, a mothers love can sometimes be a cross to bear!

So I'll have to wait until I pluck up the courage to ask Emily, or it comes out on dvd. Or maybe take a couple of hours of official vacation time and go one afternoon next week? Now there's an idea. Any local friends up for that?
*Edited to add that my lovely husband is going to take some vacation time too and we'll go on a date next week sometime AND Emily offered to babysit!.

3 comments:

Oma Froehle said...

If you can get a babysitter and a date from your blog posts, I've got ideas for mine . . . .

Jen said...

We saw Batman yesterday and the movie was so good! Seeing that you're pregnant and the movie is rather lengthy, plan on at least one restroom break during the movie. Hope you enjoy it too!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.