Friday, July 16, 2010

Denver, Colorado

I am in Denver, Colorado on work business. Craig and the boys are at home, probably tearing up the house and eating hot dogs for breakfast, but that's fine.

I really like Denver, the Mile High City. They said I might have trouble breathing with the high altitude but they've obviously never been to Columbus with it's toxic air quality and 98% humidity. Compared to that, this air is like breathing angel's breath. This picture is of is 16th street - pedestrianized and with a free shuttle bus constantly running up and down. It's full of bars and restaurants and shops and buskers. It's very hip and made me feel like partying! Yeah right. It's 10pm and I'm getting ready for bed. I'm getting old.

The view from my hotel. Invesco Field is in the foreground (Denver Broncos NFL stadium) and there's 14,000 ft. mountains beyond that. Some have snow on the top.

I had a couple of hours to myself this afty so went to see King Tut. It was good. Maybe I was spoiled by the Titanic exhibit this past spring but I was hoping to see his Sarcophagus and it wasn't part of the exhibit. Some cool stuff though - glad I went.

The state capital building. It was 100 degrees here today but no humidity so it felt nice.

Big blue bear looking in

Crocs - a very good place to eat Tex Mex and other American food.
And look! Buckeyes are everywhere!!!

Tomorrow I'll be in meetings all day and then home Sunday so I'll not get to see much else. but I really like this city and the views are incredible. Big mountains! I haven't seen anything but corn fields and traffic cones in months. I really do miss Craig and the boys though. Jack was most upset this morning when I left. He wrapped his little arms around my neck and cried "don't go moma!" My heart snapped right in two.

No comments: