Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hump-Day Ramblings: Life & New Trilogy!

Relief! Jack has taken to summer camp like a duck to water. Yesterday he looked just a tad nervous when I said goodbye. This morning he barely let Craig say goodbye before he ran off to play. Tomorrow it's my turn again to drop off so we'll see. I'm half expecting him to get really upset on Friday because it's his last day. What a difference just a few days (and lovely teachers) make.

With Jack at summer camp I have spent a few hours each day just with Danny, which I have almost never had before and it has been a joy. One toddler trait I don't like though is where they put all kinds of horrible stuff in their mouth. Today alone I have fished the following out:
  • Un-popped popcorn
  • Mulch
  • A small piece of concrete board (from the bathroom renovation)
  • A bit of a Kroger sticker
  • A little mat of cat hair
Mmm-mm, what is this brown thing and can I eat it before Moma puts her camera down?


Jack has switched gears today from pirate to magician and has been following me around tonight pointing his finger at me and shouting "Abra-too-dabra!"

A big storm is a brewing and Craig is currently out with a friend canoeing the Olentangy River. Blast it! If I'm not worrying about the kids I'm worrying about the other half. Such is a wife & mothers life! And that is why I drink wine.

A new trilogy to be very excited about! On the advice of my friend Gina, I just finished reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson. He wrote 3 books in the series before he died. Last night we watched the 2.5 hour Swedish subtitled film, which I enjoyed but I don't think Craig was too enthralled (subtitles were a bit quick and film is rather involved so if you miss a few lines you're buggered). He and I both can't wait for the remake with Daniel Craig in the male lead and who will play TGWTDT? If they mention Angelina or anyone remotely girly I will very cross indeed. The book was great (too much detail but hey, that's where creative skipping comes in) and I loved the Swedish film because the actors were great, especially Noomi Rapace, but I think the new English-speaking version will become the bigger hit next year. I would love Noomi to play the lead in the new one too - but she said she's done, after doing all 3 films in Sweden. I bet they make her an offer she can't refuse though, since she makes such a great Lisbeth.

Here's the trailer for the original film:



No comments: