Sunday, November 02, 2008

48 Hours to Go ...

Not being a US citizen, I cannot vote on Tuesday. Still, I cannot let such a momentous occasion go by without saying something about the election on my blog.

As usual, Ohio plays a major role in the election and on Tuesday night we'll watch the results pour in but will probably be in bed before the announcement comes, sometime after midnight. Here's the conundrum - shall I turn the bedroom TV on to see the results, say at 1am, and run the risk of hearing something terrible and never sleeping again, or should I wait until Wednesday morning to find out?

I don't normally use my blog for polical ramblings, but like I said, momentous occasion and all that. SO, if I could vote, who would I vote for? Well I'd vote for Obama because I'm a liberal Democrat. I always have been and I'm proud of it. Most importantly though, I think he has what it takes to get us out of this mess. And what a moment in history it could be, to have a young, dynamic African-American President in office.

The next 48 hours are going to be excruciatingly long ...

1 comment:

Jen said...

Even though our political views are polar opposites, I still appreciate your honesty. I'm proud to live in a country where we have the freedom to express those views.