Friday, November 07, 2008

Raincoats & Rockcakes

We kept Jack off day care today at the advice of his doctor. This morning, while I got some work done he watched Noggin the only way you can when you have a sore bum - spread out on his belly, on his bean bag, with a raincoat on ...

After his nap this afteroon, he came through to the kitchen where I was painting something. He had rosy-red cheeks and a sleepy face and mad hair like Ken Dodd and he asked expectantly "are you making cake?" So Craig grabbed the ingredients and they made rock cakes together.



You might ask why I didn't grab the ingredients? Well, because I can burn a salad. We have a deal in our house: Craig cooks, I clean, and everyone's happy (and not food-poisoned).

2 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I love the way children deal with things - so funny sometimes. Hope he is improving. I'm sure making cakes helped a bit. Great to see your boys getting handy in the kitchen.

A x

Pam said...

Anne: His bum's getting better thank you!