Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Staph Infection: Part 2

TWO posts today - an update on Jack's staph infection and one on plants & puddings. How random I am today.

The pediatrician confirmed on Monday that is was a staph infection that Jack had and that it was indeed MRSA. He must have seen the blind panic on my face because he spent the next 5 minutes telling me not to worry, that's it's all okay, that Jack will heal. After his soothing comments and my friend Lee's blog comment about it I'm trying not to worry but I'll be forever on alert now for abrasions and pimples and anything that could even remotely let this bacteria back into his skin. Maybe I should make him live like Bubble Boy? It would ease my mind and I would save a lot on shoes. I wouldn't have to buy him that bike for Christmas either.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yikes, Pam! So what did they say about it? What's next? Does it just go away on its own? Stronger medication? I've known others who have had it and it's been fine. And your doc is a good one and I'm sure he knows best. We'll be praying for quick healing for Jack!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

What a worry for you Pam - do hope he's over it very soon.

A x

Pam said...

Emily: I don't think even the docs know this problem thoroughly because the bacterial strains become resistant to medicines faster than the medical industry can keep up. I think MRSA is common but if it enters your skin, some people fight it off and some don't (old people, kids). I just have to be vigilant now and make sure if I see any redness or sores or pimples that I treat them with the cream. He could never have it again in his life.
Anne: Thanks for your comment! Be over to your blog soon to hear more about India ...

Fredsueand me said...

glad it turned out ok pam an your not driving yourself mad with worry. resilient arnt they. take it easy. lee. oh we got your card. thanks, we posted out the wedding dvd to you last week. x x x