Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mother Nature is a Witch

I'm at that stage in my pregnancy now where I can't sleep. I have to get up 2-3 times a night for the loo because my bladder is reduced to the size of a walnut and Danny's using it as a trampoline.  He likes to give me a swift kick in the ribs for good measure too.  
Once I'm awake my brain starts to wander and before I know it, I'm making lists for work, planning my weekend and deciding what to buy people for Christmas, then I tell myself to try and clear my mind so I can go back to sleep. Of course once you tell your mind that then it ramps up even faster doesn't it .. like it's working against you. I finally drift off about 15 minutes before the alarm goes off, Jack wakes up and Frank starts meowing. Big Sigh. You would think that Mother Nature would let you get plenty of rest before the new baby comes, but she's a bit of a sadistic maniac if you ask me.

Once I'm up and showered it's not too bad, as long as Jack just gives me a bit of space. He comes into the bedroom now, lies in my bed watching telly while I get ready and chats to me the whole time. This week he's taken to "dressing up" when we eat breakfast which is very endearing and cheers me up no end. One morning it was his Bob the Builder hat & PJs, then green frog wellies & PJs,  then this morning his Batman outfit.  I can't wait to see what fashion statement he's got in store for me in the morning ...

4 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Can just imagine how you're feeling at this stage Pam. Good thing Jack can cheer you with his chatter and little ways.

A x

Emily said...

Ugh. I think the sleep struggles is one of the hardest things about pregnancy, especially with number 2, because you really need your rest, right? I feel for you, that is miserable.

Swearing Mother said...

Love the idea of dressing up for breakfast, so much less stuffy than dressing for dinner!

Pam said...

Anne: I'm so much bigger this time and more uncomfortable, but that might be because now I'm chasing a toddler around!
Em: Thanks! Will miss you Sunday. Have a great trip!
SM: Hello stranger! This morning it was blue fluffy gloves and PJs. This boy's got style!