Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cat Abuse & The Perfect Bike

This morning didn't start well. At 5am Craig's work pager went off, which woke Jack up, which prompted our soon to be dead cat Frank to start his dawn choir. After damage control (pager OFF, Jack back to sleep) Frank still howled and howled and howled. For another hour. Finally I got up to look for him, to give him a sound telling off and maybe a swift broom up the bum. I looked for the little bugger everywhere and finally found him locked underneath the sink. I have no idea how he got there because both myself and Craig swear we didn't let him in, so maybe it was our guest Gene. More on him later.

Anyway, even though I've been awake since 5, today went on to be pretty good. Most importantly, I got Jack's Christmas present, which he will LOVE. A "Retro Red" Radio Flyer bike. It's a proper bike, heavy and shiny, with a hint of nostalgia that conjures up images of kids peddling through tree-lined streets in the summer, without a care in the world. It's just right for a little boy who is craving his first bike.   Craig's going to buy a new bell for it tomorrow and get it all cleaned up and shiny for Christmas morning. We're both dying to see his little face light up.  I don't think I've been this excited about Christmas since I was a kid myself.

3 comments:

mountainear said...

It's easy to get cynical about Christmas but having children puts some of the sparkle back. He'll love that bike.

Fredsueand me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fredsueand me said...

Glad you removed that last comment how rude putting adverts on peoples blogs/ Jack will love his new bike. i will never forget noahs face when he got his first. priceless. take care pam. lee x x