Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LOVE the Bucks but ...

It's Beat Michigan Week, which means that The Ohio State University Buckeyes and Michigan University Wolverines football teams play their big rivalry game this Saturday. For the first time in 9 years, I'm not going to the game when I could.  Buckeye fans are now wishing they could grab their car keys and drive over to my house to kick me up the arse for being so stupid as to not go to this game, because even though the stadium seats 105,000 people the tickets are like gold dust.

What on earth could stop me? I'm a huge fan, love the Buckeyes and will be glued to the telly during the game. I might even have to lock Jack in the coat cupboard so he doesn't disturb me and ask for food during a crucial play.  Well mainly, it's because I'm heavily pregnant, in fact a bit too "heavily" pregnant given that I've eaten without a shred of guilt for the last few months. As I'm typing this I'm licking cherry pie and Bird's custard off my lips. Ahhh. Where was I? Oh yes, the Buckeye game....

I'm pregnant and it's cold as hell and that's all there is to it.  I'm going to sit in my pink fluffy slippers and swear profusely at the telly for 4 hours. Bliss.

1 comment:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Good for you - enjoy!

A x