Tuesday, March 13, 2012

T-Shirt Rant

Healthy living starts today (deja vu)! It's funny how a 70 degree day makes me say that. Probably because I don't want to have to wear a t-shirt that will show off all my flab. Talking of which, I hate that shops only sell capped-sleeved t-shirts. We don't all have skinny arms and I hate having my bingo wings on show. Why can't they sell t-shirts with 3/4 length sleeves or at least long enough to cover up most of the wobbly bits? Why are there racks and racks of t-shirts for all sized women with only capped sleeves? Ridiculous.

And while I'm on a rant about t-shirt sleeves, what is up with all the bat-wing stuff out there? That was hideous the first time around in the early 80's never mind bringing it back now. I remember a particular lemon-coloured little number that I used to wear that had a bat wing from the waist to the shoulder, and to really show it off I added a black patent-leather belt around the hips. I was hot stuff. Even male friends wore bat-wing denim jackets in those days - now if THOSE things come back in fashion I may have to start beating people.

Anyway, my goal is to lose a ton of weight by the time the outdoor pool opens Memorial weekend. I have started writing stuff down that I eat and I will try very hard to lay off the beer and to exercise more. Wish me luck. Again.

No comments: