Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dame Vera of Course

It's 11.32 pm and I just sat down to do my daily post. We are sat in the basement and Craig is watching a horror film as I type. Phew (and a big slug of wine) - that was a long and hard day.

ANYWAY. It's Veteran's Day tomorrow. Armistice Day. Poppy Day. Remembrance Day (for my Nana Lloyd especially). A day to celebrate soldiers that have served and are still serving in the armed forces.I have been wearing my poppy all week (thanks mum) because they do not sell poppies in the USA - but a colleague told me they used to. Why not now I wonder?

I'll be posting tomorrow about other things happening on the 11th, but for right now I want to post a music video of one of my favourite people on earth - Dame Vera Lynn. She was the force's sweetheart and she makes me proud to be British. Here she is singing "we'll meet again".



And if you'd like to hear more modern versions, then here's two good ones ...

Johnny Cash

Hayley Westenra

So to all those serving. THANKS.

No comments: