Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Long Live the Leg Lamp

It's Thanksgiving here tomorrow and we now have four glorious days off. Craig has recorded "Planes, Trains & Automobiles" on DVR so that will be our holiday film. It never fails to make me laugh and then of course cry like a baby at the end. It is the perfect Thanksgiving movie.

Talking of perfect holiday movies, here's the boys looking at "The Christmas Story" display at the zoo last weekend. I tried to explain why the leg lamp and the boys tongue stuck to the flag pole were funny but they didn't quite get it. Christmas Story is my absolute favourite Christmas film and we watch it at least once every year. It baffles us why it isn't big in England. We hadn't heard of it before we came here. Being English I can say with some degree of confidence that English people would love this film because Brits love a comedy. But it hasn't migrated across the Atlantic for some reason. Another reason I love this film of course is that it's set in Ohio.

Okay, I have to go now. Craig just put "The Hangover" on again and I'm in the mood for a good laugh. Tomorrow I'll post Thanksgiving pictures.

No comments: