Monday, November 01, 2010

Kicking off NaBloPoMo

To finish up Halloween we took the kids yesterday to Pigeon Roost Farm in Hebron, OH. I can't believe we haven't been before but we didn't even know it existed till my friend Michelle posted about it. It's basically a huge farm full of play areas, mazes, slides and very cool toys, like giant hamster wheels! The boys were absolutely exhausted afterwards.



Then last night Craig and I got the boys to bed, got down to the basement and watched "Paranormal Activity" on the big screen telly. It was a spooky film so we jumped a few times and yelled a couple of profanities! If you haven't seen it it's worth a look, though I thought the very end was a bit daft. We are also excited that a new tv series started called "Walking Dead". It's a zombie series and I do like a bit of zombie action if I say so myself.

Tomorrow I'll take down all the Halloween decorations and then we'll look forward to a little bonfire in the garden this Friday for "Bonfire Night". American friends: Guy Fawkes tried to blow up parliament with gunpowder in 1605. He was caught and burned at the stake. Every November 5th we make a bonfire, put a Guy Fawkes effigy on top, burn it, light fireworks and then eat treacle toffee. Marvelous.


And finally, today I start NaBloPoMo where I'll post every day for 3o days in November. This is the fourth year that I've done it. Blimey, where did those four years go? I will be taking advantage of the suggested "wordless weekends" and I'll try my best not to be too boring.




No comments: