Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Heights of Monkeydom

Danny reached new heights in cheeky-monkeydom today when I took him to the local supermarket with me to buy food. Now, I'm used to him causing havoc by yelling, screaming, rattling the trolley, biting the handle bar and doing all kinds of typical toddler stuff. In fact I've become immune to the stares of those that don't have kids or have forgotten that they were once a terror. In fact, if anyone so much as tuts or rolls their eyes I give them the "go ahead make my day" stare right back.

In other words, I have become somewhat unfazed by the nightmare that is taking a toddler to go food shopping.

So today I'm in the cereal aisle, looking for the store brand of Cheerios (it's been a tight month) and Danny starts violently rocking back and forth, trying to get out of the shopping cart and saying "down". When I sush him he gets that glint in his eyes, then really goes for it and starts yelling at the top of his lungs "HELP!, HELP!, HELP!" and I swear, about 5 people came into the aisle to investigate which toddler was being murdered.

No amount of sushing, ferocious whispering or pulling funny faces would make him stop so I had to make a hasty retreat. Little monkey. It seems that Mr. Daniel has found a new and most ingenious way to humiliate his mum.

No comments: