Jack also had no water or food and was bored. He did all of these things to me and I have ranked them in the most annoying order:
- Laid on the floor and refused to walk and did the rag doll act when I pulled him up by his arm.
- Pulled on the yellow boundary tape
- Hid behind curtains and chairs
- Launched himself off the stroller
- Rolled his jeans leg up, lifted his trainer-clad foot up and put it in Danny's face
Thankfully, there were dozens of other parents having the same drama and we looked at each other and smiled wearily. I did lots of hissing in Jack's ear too.
The actual vaccination was drama-free. Jack had the mist and did a big sniff like the nurse told him to. Danny cried a bit when he got the injection but just for a few seconds.
So that's it, my kids are vaccinated and it only took an hour and a half. I'm a bit apprehensive about them getting ill over the next couple of weeks but I feel better knowing they have a chance of fighting it off more readily if they get it. I however feel terrible - tired out and weary. I hope it's just post-traumatic queue syndrome and not the flu!